Kingsbury Electric Cooperative in De Smet, SD is accepting applications for a full-time Journeyman Lineman. KEC serves the residents of rural Kingsbury County. KEC exists to provide high value energy to our Members by focusing on delivering safe, reliable, environmentally friendly electricity while promoting energy efficiency through education. Kingsbury Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
Summary: Skilled Journeyman Lineman should be able to perform diversified work in the construction and maintenance of poles, lines, and auxiliary facilities and equipment for the distribution of electricity. Background in residential and commercial wiring is preferred but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides the needed services for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the members electrical distribution system.
• Provides technical skills needed for the operation and maintenance of reliable electrical service for the member.
• Provide for connecting and disconnecting, installing and removal, moving and transferring of various electrical devices on customer’s facilities, i.e. transformers, transformer banks, regulators, switches, switching devices, capacitor banks, etc.
• Capable of investigating consumer complaints and making repairs to energized electrical distribution lines.
• Must understand basic and advanced electrical principles, possess a working knowledge of customer’s specifications, be proficient in all phases of line construction, be capable of operating equipment necessary to complete jobs, i.e. bucket truck, digger derrick, skid loader, trencher, chainsaws and wood chipper.
• Applicants must be self-motivated, work well with others, have a positive attitude and be committed to working safely and productively.
• Valid Class A CDL South Dakota Driver’s license
• Able to participate in an afterhours on-call rotation
• Must live within 15 minutes of De Smet, SD
• Must have Rubber Gloving experience
• Must be able to apply CPR/First Aid
• Safe work record with a commitment to safety
• Lifting to 50 lbs.
• Requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, twisting, reaching above shoulder level, working in confined spaces, working off a pole or in a bucket